Addition of LCA Cetane improver (2-EHN) cause a clear improvement of diesel fuel quality. Thus for example by addition of the LCA Cetane improver (2-EHN) to a 2nd class diesel fuel transfers this to a fuel with 1st class diesel fuel cetane performance.
LCA Cetane improver (2-EHN) can be added by the refinery or at distributor / petrol stations or also by the final user himself. LCA Cetane improver (2-EHN) improves the diesel-performance in all kinds of diesel engines for:
- commercial motor vehicles
- passenger cars
- stationary machine systems
- railway locomotives
- shipping, marine applications
The advantages for the final user are:
- Quicker cold start-up
- Faster heating of the engine
- Rounder and noise-poorer engine run
- Reduced tendency to misfirings particularly at lower intake air temperature
- Improved combustion, reduced emission in low load area
The advantages for refinery / contributor:
- Optimised fuel formulation at lower costs
- Facilitated adjustment on cetane specifications compared to
- Higher flexibility during adjustment, modifications in refinery process
- Higher yield of diesel fuel from crude oil.
Several investigations with unteated diesel fuels (natural cetane number between 26,6 and 52,5) showed that the use of LCA Cetane improver increases the cetane numbers by an average of 5,5 points at an addition of 0,15 vol.% and by 7,3 points at an addition of 0,3 vol.%.